Start your week right with these quick reads. This week we bring together links from the web that ask can Design fix our ailing democracy? What are the guidelines? what is Service Design?
- The Design Council has written a fantastic piece asking if Design can fix our democracy - it's worth a quick five minutes away to read. Read it here.
- On this subject of digital and design as the future of democracy Nesta have put together this quick user guide for designing a digital democracy.
- Last week the CAPS2015 conference took place in Brussels with one of the panels looking at how democracy can be benefited by technology. Francesca Pia has written up what it was like and the questions it asked. You can read it here.
- And is democracy merely a service? Is it like Airbnb, Spotify, Amazon, Google - just a service? Who knows - but here's a great video outlining what service design is. Policymakers should definitely give this a watch.
- And finally a plug of our own - FutureSpace used big data to meet the needs of a new policy whilst also understanding users better. They look at how this could be used for policymaking to ensure that policy works for those who it impacts. Check it out.
Be sure to tweet us any examples of Open Policy Making @openpolicyuk and you could be in next weeks blog.
Leave a comment